This page is applicable to Google Apps users (i.e. Class of 2009 and later). Google App users, like Gmail users, may have their search history automatically turned on by Google, which in turn may log your YouTube search and watch history, among other things. This help page is a guide on how to alter these settings in your Google Apps for Education (Wesleyan) account.
- Sign into your Google Apps. Make sure it is the only Google account you’re signed into.
- Go to your Account History (at https://www.google.com/settings/accounthistory). It will look like this:
- Scroll down and go to “Your YouTube searches” and click “Manage history.”
- This will lead you to a YouTube page. You may get an “Oops…!” message. If you do, go to the right hand corner and click “Sign In,” as illustrated below:
- Once you’ve signed in, go to Account History again.
- Go to Your YouTube Searches → Manage history.
- You’ll be directed to your YouTube search history now that you’re logged in. You can delete all your history by selecting the tick box above your history and selecting “Clear all search history.” Once it’s empty, you can “Pause search history” to prevent YouTube from recording. Here’s how it will look:
- Go back to Account History and do the same for “Things you’ve watched on YouTube.”
- You’ll see that by default, “Things you search” for and “Places you’ve been” are greyed out. YouTube search logging is probably active because you linked your Google Apps account to YouTube at some point. You can enable/disable all four buckets using the same method.